Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Which direction should I go with my story?

I guess you could say it's a love story, but I don't plan on the love part occurring until the very end when the characters actually meet. One of the characters who I've already developed is a girl who lives on the rich and glamorous outskirts of LA and whose dad is a prominent and well known director. She wants out of her hollywood crazed life. The other character (a male) is going to live in New York (not in the city). I had originally planned for his family to be financially unstable and him trying to get a scholarship into medical school, but I wasn't sure if the whole rich girl meets poor boy thing has been overdone. I then considered making him also from a relatively wealthy family but still smart and striving for academic success, while helping his peers through tutoring and charity work and such. Which do you think would be a more interesting story?

No comments:

Post a Comment