Monday, August 8, 2011

What's so cool about having an eating disorder?

Apparently having your hair fall out, your teeth rot, nails break, skin turn pale, organs fail etc. is attractive. Nothing says hot like osteoporosis and infertility. I've had an eating disorder for four years and I'm behind two years in school, and missed out on being a normal teenager because of it. I still have horrible indigestion, and struggle with accepting the weight I'm at now. I've been in the hospital twice for over three months each and I still have bad days. I really have no idea how anyone could want this...sure you can lose weight (though it's more common with bulimia to maintain or gain) but you still feel fat no matter what and risk your life, and sacrifice your childhood/ adolescence in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment